Sunday, May 19, 2013

Escalating a call for the right reason

I was talking to a customer the other day who had a lot of questions about her account and different services we offer. She was really nice, and kept apologizing for taking up so much time. I told her, "Don't worry, it's no trouble at all! We can take as much time as we need to get this sorted out."

Then as we're wrapping things up, she asked me for my name again and said, "When we're done I want to talk to your manager." 

I just said, "Oh...ok..." because I was thoroughly confused. I mean, I thought I was doing a good job and everything was going well! 

"I just want to let them know what a good job you do and how much I appreciate you taking the time to explain all of this to me. I know that when people have complaints, those certainly get heard, so I like to make sure to give compliments when I get good customer service!"

I couldn't believe it; I almost got teary-eyed. Definitely one of the best customers ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment